1) Still the great teas, coffees and cakes that have been, and will remain our core. The tea is imported by us. The coffee changes weekly, as we showcase different roasters/beans/processing methods. The cakes are still made by Jackie, Elaine and Jessica.
2) Tables can still be reserved for afternoon tea. Champagne afternoon tea is now also an option.
3) Our food has gone up a notch or two. We were keen to introduce better food into the cafe environment.
Our chef, Joe, has created a menu that includes breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. Salads are a large component of the lunch menu, with sharing bowls of different dishes a key feature. On Sundays the menus are replaced by our brunch menu sitting alongside our afternoon tea menu.
4) Evening opens. We will be launching our evening food on Friday October 4th. This date is fully booked. We will be holding evening opens once a fortnight to begin with. Bookings/enquiries can be made with Joshua on email@example.com
5) We are working closely with Dan from CF24 Bottle Shop. He has helped us create a menu that is in line with how we present our teas and coffees. Our current list can be seen here. Penarth Drinks
6) Why Waterloo Tea at the Washington Buildings? The venue is iconic. A listed property from the Art Deco era. Curved. The majority of the seats are along the windows. Being a former cinema and art gallery, we are keen to keep the link with the arts and host evening spoken/visual arts. In a nutshell, it ticked the box that we at Waterloo Tea look for - the opportunity to inject life into a building that bursts with character and individuality.